Ladles and gentlefarmers!
Roll up, roll up for the annual LWA winter shindig and AGM.
We have an inspiring, thought-provoking, cheering line-up for you set in the beautiful hills of the Lake District National Park.
VENUE: Castle Head Field Studies Centre, Grange over Sands, Cumbria, LA11 6QT https://www.field-studies-council.org/centres/castlehead.aspx
DATES: Fri 22nd Nov - Mon 25th Nov
FULL PROGRAM AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM OUR WEBSITE: https://landworkersalliance.org.uk/agm-shindig-2019/
Fri 22nd Nov
- 16:00 Start arriving on site, dinner & Friday night film
Sat 23rd Nov
- 10:00 AGM business
- 14:00 Regional Assembly - Sharing successes, challenges & updates from across the country, break out groups to plan future activity
- 16:30 New arrivals can come along and find out more about LWA.
- 17:00 Debate time!
Protecting assets of community value - how do we protect assets that are vital to a thriving land-based economy
The future of the uplands with so many competing priorities - rewilding to peatland management, what does a future vision look like?
- 20:30 Super band Diddley Squat will be joining us to rock the party with their energetic style of dub, ska, reggae, folk, psychedelic (whatever you call it) dance stuff.
- DJ No Diggidy & DJ Manglewurzel s into the night + late night BBQ
Sun 24th Nov
- 09:30 Member workshops: Fibres, Co-ops, Social Justice, Festival, climate and land-use, helpful tips to run your farm and more!
- 12:00 LBTQIA+ Gathering
- 14:00 Sector sessions: how to organise and upcoming challenges in your sector.
- 17:00 AGM Elections and closing ceremony
- 20:00 Local storyteller Malcolm Green and son Joshua Green, will be weaving the tale of the Cuckoo with story and song.
Mon 25th Nov
- 10:30am Visits to Growing Well - Sizergh Barn Farm, Gowbarrow Hall Farm and the Coppice Co-op
FOOD: All weekend we will be serving you the freshest, seasonal, local, scrummy food, sourced from local farmers, courtesy of The Larder, all tickets include food. http://larder.org.uk/
DRINK:There will of course be a bar, stocking the finest local beers, ciders and beverages we can find.
KIDS: Children are welcome, we have a kids area, where they will be entertained by Forest School leaders. "A well organised and creatively held kids space with a fab staff team" (says Clare one of last year's parents)
Limited numbers only. Please get in touch with Helen to chat about your needs if you are bringing kids.
BURSERIES: We have a limited number of bursary places for half-price tickets, please get in touch if you would otherwise not be able to go.
LIFTSHARE: Check out our spreadsheet here to offer or look for a lift.
*WE ONLY HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF TICKETS SO THE WEEKEND TICKET IS FOR LWA MEMBERS ONLY*
However, if you are a supporter member you can email email@example.com to get put on the waiting list and we will let you know nearer the time if we have space.
If you are a landworker and are not yet a member of the LWA it is easy to sign-up and then you can buy your ticket. Go to https://landworkersalliance.org.uk/membership
If you are local and considering becoming a member, you are welcome to join us for the Saturday night entertainment from 5pm.
Please email Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or any particular needs.
Ticket Sales Powered By eTickets.to - Sell Tickets Online For Your Events